Did you have yourself tested for an STI during the lockdown?

Did you have yourself tested for STI's during the lockdown?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Did you have yourself tested for STI's during the lockdown?

• Yes, I did not have an STI
    • Yes, I did have an STI
    • No, but it's on my to-do list
    • No, I don't care
    • I use a condom to prevent an STI

Hi guys,

Regularly I read in topics that some members are concerned about getting an STI (sexual transmitted infection or disease) when going bare. 

With the current COVID-19 crisis i have the impression that sex and dating has become less frequent than before, a reason can be that gay sauna's and sexclubs could be closed or people just play on safe. 

I've stopped with dating/sex and got me tested during this period, unfortunately i tested positive to an STI but it's already treated. 

Some STI's have a long incubation period or don't have obvious symptoms, so this could be an ideal opportunity to have it checked. 

Did you guys went for a test?

Guest Huffer69
19 hours ago, Armin74 said:

Hi guys,

Regularly I read in topics that some members are concerned about getting an STI (sexual transmitted infection or disease) when going bare. 

With the current COVID-19 crisis i have the impression that sex and dating has become less frequent than before, a reason can be that gay sauna's and sexclubs could be closed or people just play on safe. 

I've stopped with dating/sex and got me tested during this period, unfortunately i tested positive to an STI but it's already treated. 

Some STI's have a long incubation period or don't have obvious symptoms, so this could be an ideal opportunity to have it checked. 

Did you guys went for a test?

As a matter of routine because of my status ( hiv+ & undetectable ) I go once a year for a full blood screen & I did wonder how that would take place this year ?? But took place it did, 1st a telephone consultation then the clinic test, a time slot was given, I was given instruction to wear a face guard & ask to be admitted on arrival, 1 member of staff would let me in wearing  mask, gloves & apron, was shown to the consultation room, then the blood nurse carried out the screening again wearing mask, gloves & apron etc then was shown out the clinic - no other patients booked in for another half hour while the room I'd been in was fully sterilised - the follow up consultation will then again be via telephone !! 

So maybe it's worth contacting your clinic & asking for advice !! Stay safe