What Happens Now !!

Guest Huffer69

Guest Huffer69

It is beyond belief - I despair of the UK gov't  - the head of SAGE here in the UK has resigned - I think he was pushed by the gov't because he dared to speak out against the gov't's apathy to the current situation !!   

Guest barehole4use
On 11/12/2021 at 8:27 AM, Huffer69 said:

I think he was pushed by the gov't because he dared to speak out against the gov't's apathy to the current situation !!   

They will eventually have to get there head out of the sand, i know the UK is no longer within the EU but the numbers speak for themselves, even a soft lockdown is & would be a good thing.

Guest Huffer69

news just in - we now have a serious outbreak of Avian Flu here in Lancashire ( my home county ) & in London alone there are 1000+  confirmed cases of C-19 daily & still he pretends it don't matter - the winter & Christmas is going to be a write off again, I can see it coming !!  

Guest barehole4use
2 hours ago, Huffer69 said:

news just in - we now have a serious outbreak of Avian Flu here in Lancashire ( my home county ) & in London alone there are 1000+  confirmed cases of C-19 daily & still he pretends it don't matter - the winter & Christmas is going to be a write off again, I can see it coming !!  

I think almost ever where it is getting a little out of hand. All i can advise is be careful in crowded places, wear a mask when it is busy & keep distance. It's what i am doing too, just use common sense.

Guest Huffer69

Oh I do -never go shopping without a face shield - always work with a face shield - & won't go to indoor events for parties etc - just not worth the risk !! 

Guest barehole4use

won't go to indoor events for parties etc - just not worth the risk !! 

Only the very stupid would do this. sadly there are many.

Guest Huffer69
21 hours ago, barehole4use said:

Only the very stupid would do this. sadly there are many.

Sadly yes & I have some good friends & work colleagues who are in that group & all because they say " we have to live with it, so why not live as before " & still we keep hearing about people who get pinged positive & still they continue as if it don't matter !! 

Guest barehole4use
3 hours ago, Huffer69 said:

Sadly yes & I have some good friends & work colleagues who are in that group

You are right they are many idiots about, here too more than enough who think they can just carry on like normal, we can only protect ourselves, i honestly don't give a shit about reckless people if they get it they deserve it & if they die than they should have not been so ignorant in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Huffer69

So after sitting on the side lines ( AGAIN ) our useless gov't have decreed that some restrictions are now back in place due to the new Omicron C19 strain - other countries react immediately but not Boris he just sits it out & waits till the virus has entered our country than reacts ( AGAIN )  - the man is a buffoon & the new health secretary says it's nothing to really worry about  - no further restrictions will be necessary !! All they state is face masks to be worn on public transport & in retail spaces & pcr tests must be done if entering this country & if positive must isolate - what's the point the new strain virus is already here  !! :angry:  

Guest barehole4use
On 11/29/2021 at 5:49 AM, Huffer69 said:

other countries react immediately but not Boris he just sits it out & waits

I think this new strain is already everywhere the crap about containing the new strain is total nonsense > it will go everywhere like always & just like Delta did the last time, only thing we can do is take our own measurements ( don't listen to the government ) they are a joke & can never make up there mind & like you say when they do it's already too late.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Huffer69

local omicron numbers are really scary now - the local hospital was on the news last night stating they are back in full red alert - the covid ward is full again with 48 patients in 24 hours - 8 have omicron & 2 died last night & people still treat it like a joke & pretend it don't matter !!! I fear a firebreak if not a full lockdown is on the cards - all these restrictions just ain't enough & ain't even being followed anyway by sections of the community who prefer to live life to the full with scant regard for the safely of others or infact their own !!!!   

Guest barehole4use

sections of the community who prefer to live life to the full with scant regard for the safely of others or infact their own !!!!   

I read it on the news too the numbers are going up everywhere also in europe too & you would think the holiday makers would stay put but oh no they are all going away wherever they can so they can spread more virus, i don't think this is the last of it as more people travel there are going to be more mutations of this virus making it every time more & more dangerous.

Guest Huffer69

Omicron is now the dominant strain in the UK & even if the gov't tell us all not to party over the Christmas/New Year celebrations - people will ignore the advice & party like there's no tomorrow - which for some will the bare truth - I fear for humanity !!

Guest barehole4use
On 12/18/2021 at 9:09 AM, Huffer69 said:

I fear for humanity !!

Do you not fear for the inflation at 5.1% in the UK & are the days for Boris over esp after frost has resigned i wonder where Brexit is going to really go, i read mixed mssg's on the news with the economy booming at the same time about doom & gloom & high inflation, one contradicts the other, thoughts ?

Guest Huffer69

I think Boris is now a lame duck & won't last much longer - way too much in fighting & way too many lies now coming to the fore - the economy ain't that bad coz people have spent like crazy - it's just certain retailers & those in the hospitality industry who are grumbling - going forward things are going to be so different & will have to adjust - as for the brexit deals - it's time the UK started to think about being more self sufficient & start creating, building, providing, growing more home grown industries instead of out sourcing everywhere, we did once before but we are slowly losing all our trades to over seas - it's a worrying time & not helped by the brexit & now the pandemic & the Tory lies etc !!!! Grrr !!  

Guest barehole4use
17 hours ago, Huffer69 said:

it's a worrying time & not helped by the brexit & now the pandemic & the Tory lies etc !!!! Grrr !! 

I have many friends in the UK & they are all keeping there fingers crossed for a U-TURN on the Brexit but i doubt it will happen anytime soon, As for Boris i think he is in for a rough ride & eventually will get the boot too.