What Happens Now !!

Guest Huffer69

Guest Huffer69

Hey up folks - probably a very contentious issue to comment on but does anyone else think this pandemic has been one almighty wake up call for mankind - during this crises we know there has been sadness & misery all round, difficult lives & great financial hardship but has anyone stopped to look around them - while the world has been in lockdown - the planet has started to breathe again, the skies have been cleaner, the trees have got greener, the waters have got clearer - nature itself has started to become safe again ! I wonder if people will take & learn anything from this & start to respect the planet more & look after it - this is our chance to start anew & rethink how we do things - I would like to think we will ( I hope we will ) but if I was honest I don't think we will - it will be business as usual because money talks & the environment always comes second - shamefully - I'd be interested to hear your thoughts as a human being !!

Guest barehole4use
On 5/27/2020 at 7:47 AM, Huffer69 said:

the skies have been cleaner, the trees have got greener, the waters have got clearer - nature itself has started to become safe again !

Totally agree that is the only good thing to come from the situation but as you are aware i think people will revert to the old way when things are safer because making money makes people obsessed with making more. yes it's shameful but it's also reality.

Guest Huffer69

Totally agree - I don't think society will learn anything - money talks louder than anything else - society has become focused on their need for greed rather than their need - Now I don't know about where you live but here in the UK everywhere recently has been clear of litter & rubbish - this last week BJ gave permission for lockdown to be eased & allowed people to go anywhere for daily exercise which seemed to be the excuse for people travel to all coastlines & beauty spots with picnics etc have their outdoor fun & leave the mess behind - it's criminal & even the streets are going back to being the normal litter bin  - I'm disgusted at this attitude & embarrassed - I just don't understand peoples thinking at times ??? :o :huh: :( :angry:    

• 5 months later...
Guest Huffer69

So it's back to where we were in March, Boris has decided to listen to the medical experts & as from this week, we go back into a national lockdown scenario - better late than never I guess !! This is the last chance saloon as they say & I the covid idiots don't play along this time - we're gonna be regretting this for a hellava long time to come !! :(

Guest barehole4use
4 hours ago, Huffer69 said:

we go back into a national lockdown scenario

Same here at least for 6 weeks too, will be so happy when they find a f#cking cure for this Corona, so we can all go back to fucking around.

Guest Huffer69
20 hours ago, barehole4use said:

Same here at least for 6 weeks too, will be so happy when they find a f#cking cure for this Corona, so we can all go back to fucking around.

My worry is they are rushing any vaccines thru far too quickly, it takes at least 3 years to create a vaccine for anything & then it's gotta be tested & then licensed, I sure as hell not taking any vaccine till it's tried & tested & then it will be only for this strain, people are forgetting this is covid 19 & not covid 1 !! The crazy ass sceptics don't understand that virus mutates !! Scary times ahead me thinks !! :unsure:  

Guest barehole4use
42 minutes ago, Huffer69 said:

I sure as hell not taking any vaccine till it's tried & tested

I totally agree. let them iron out any problems before you start pumping yourself full of a vaccine, might do more damage then good, remember in the 80's when the americans all used to pop antibiotics against aids & after having sex which kills all your immunity so many died when they did not need to.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Huffer69

Well it seems that despite the normal practices of testing antidotes & vaccines for at least 10 years - our gov't has released a vaccine after 10 months but has said it only offers 90% protection against the virus - 90% ain't good enough - surely it has to be 100% ! Mixed responses to the trials tho, seems the younger you are the better chance you have of a recovery - some people have become more ill despite their younger age !!  I believe they are offering the vaccine to all front line care workers first & those with underlying health problems - will be interesting to see how this pans out because once again it has been sourced out to some corporation rather than the NHS ( old boys network comes to mind ) think I'll wait for a 100% protection before I consider this rushed thru vaccine !!  Stay safe everyone <3 

Guest barehole4use
9 minutes ago, Huffer69 said:

think I'll wait for a 100% protection before I consider this rushed thru vaccine !!  Stay safe everyone <3 

I agree too, here in the eurozone they have ordered enough to cover all of europe but with any vaccine i think caution needs to be taken.

The problem we will face in the US is the anti-vaccine crowd, the hoaxers, and the liberty folks that will say it limits their freedom.  The vaccine, if viable, will only slow it down. We don't know how long it remains effective in our system, so it could come back. On top of that, viruses mutate and it could trigger another wave. Also new viruses pop up all the time. Why weren't we warned about this in all the dystopian future sci-fi flicks? 

Guest Huffer69
11 hours ago, creamygood said:

The problem we will face in the US is the anti-vaccine crowd, the hoaxers, and the liberty folks that will say it limits their freedom.  The vaccine, if viable, will only slow it down. We don't know how long it remains effective in our system, so it could come back. On top of that, viruses mutate and it could trigger another wave. Also new viruses pop up all the time. Why weren't we warned about this in all the dystopian future sci-fi flicks? 

I couldn't agree more, we have way too many "freedom " idiots out there who are doing their level best to ruin it for the rest of us, they just don't seem to understand that the rules & regulations set in place are there for everyone's wellbeing & not some means of suppression by a dictatorial state ! Likewise there are too many gov't that seem to be hoping against hope that this miracle vaccine will be the cure - it isn't a cure - as you say virus's mutate as the seasonal flu does - so all we can hope is that medical science just tries to keep up the annual fight by offering us suitable brake type vaccines for all the " C " type virus's   - after all we are on no.19 now !!! 

The people I do despise are those idiots who refuse to play by the rules & flatly refuse to follow the guidelines because of their belief in loss of freedom etc - it is down to their careless attitude that is causing this C-19 to gather in strength & cause even more death & loss - but you can't tell them - they refuse to believe !! I do wonder if these are the ones who switched off in their science & human biology lessons when there were at school & didn't grasp mico-biology etc !!   

• 1 month later...
Guest Huffer69

Well I feel slightly more comfortable after speaking to my clinical nurse, the info re the vaccine has been worked on for some time as they have been working on the SARS virus for some time, so they were already half way there & as C19 is in the SARS family!! The problem arises out of the 2 vaccines which will be available - this first one ( Pfizer ) is the problem one as it has to be kept at -70* so there are very limited places that can do that ( just hospitals ) the other vaccine ( Oxford ) can be kept at fridge temperature so that one should be easier to administer. It should also be noted  that the two strains cannot be mixed  as it comes in two injections.

So as the vaccines are wheeled out - you have the 1st jab followed by a booster 21 days later but you CAN'T mix the two - then after you have had the jab you need to be tested 8 weeks later to check for anti bodies, if none present you wait another 8 weeks for another check !! 

What worries me more now than the vaccine are people are now getting very complacent & dropping all pretence at following all the safety regulations etc simply because there is a vaccine on offer - they think it's just like the flu jab & they'll be safe & ok to resume life as normal - I don't think they yet fully understand the logistics of getting everyone vaccinated & cleared before any kind of normality resumes !!

And don't get me started on this 5 day holiday for all over Christmas - travel where you want & mix with your extended families - it's just asking for trouble & come the new year we'll be back in a full national strict lockdown as before !!

Happy days huh !!!!  

• 1 month later...
Guest Huffer69
On 12/16/2020 at 11:25 AM, dare2bare2 said:

Personally I would let the economy continue with no restrictions. People can decide for themselves what they do. 

Don't want to ruffle feathers here but so don't agree, the economy can wait ( people have got used to shopping on online anyway ) I think the worlds health is more important these days - especially now that a 3rd mutation has been discovered - it's because people have done what they want that we are in this mess now - people who think of only themselves & no one else is purely selfish !!

Here in the UK, the gov't have finally decided to listen to the medical experts & are keeping us in lockdown while the vaccination programme is rolling out as they don't want to return to the beginning again - I hang my head in shame that out country now holds the highest death rate due to covid & all because the gov't were too slow to put restrictions in place & people who wanted to do their own thing carried on in such an irresponsible way - some people ( covid idiots ) have a lot to answer for !! 

Guest barehole4use
On 1/29/2021 at 10:43 AM, Huffer69 said:

it's because people have done what they want that we are in this mess now - people who think of only themselves & no one else is purely selfish !!

Totally agree with you on this, it's the selfish people putting the lives at risks of others with little or no regard for other people's lives.

On 1/29/2021 at 10:43 AM, Huffer69 said:

I hang my head in shame that out country now holds the highest death rate due to covid & all because the gov't were too slow to put restrictions in place & people who wanted to do their own thing carried on in such an irresponsible way - some people ( covid idiots ) have a lot to answer for !! 

There are many countries that are worse off, look at India or Brazil or even the USA, I only hope that the governments are waking up to the self created mess that we are all living with everyday.

Guest Huffer69

Interesting footnote with some facts from the British Hospitals etc, the number of the basic seasonal flu casualties in hospitals has dropped to zero this year & all because more people are becoming aware of basic hygiene & how a virus spreads - it's just a pity that small % of society STILL don't get it or understand or want to which is causing the super flu ( C-19 ) to spread to the alarming rate it has now become !!    

• 5 months later...

Remember to start with that no vaccine for anything is 100% effective.  I did some research several months ago and found, to start with, that influenza is caused by orthomyxoviruses, not by coronaviruses; of the many combinations of kinds & 4 types possible, mostly Type A & B infect humans, but it's the strains (mostly Type A H1N1 & H3N2) that make people sick every year. In its dormant phase, it circulates in the upper atmosphere after an outbreak, taking about a year to return; organizations like the CDC make an educated guess almost a year in advance as to the 3 most likely strains to return so that the pharmaceutical companies can start making vaccines months in advance. On average, a flu vaccine is less than 50% effective; between 2003-04 & 2019-20, it's best was 60% efficacy in 2010-11 and worst at 10% in 2004-05.  I have yet to find that catching a strain of the flu gives one long-term or lifetime immunity; the flu vaccines are only effective for 4 to 5 months at the most; which is why it makes no sense to get vaccinated at the beginning of the flu season that the CDC has gradually extended to a 7 or 8 months--it's really only about the 3 coldest months.  Millions of people in the U.S. alone catch the flu every year (unlike the common cold, it's much more likely to be reported), from as few as 9,300,00 in 2011-12 to as many as 44,800,000 in 2017-18; thousands, mostly older and with pre-existing conditions, die each year just in the U.S., ranging from 12,000 in 2011-12 to 61,000 in 2017-18.  Mortality rate for the ten seasons before the current pandemic has ranged from 0.058% in 2019-20 to 0.174% in 2010-11.  Incubation period between being infected and having symptoms, 1-4 days; usual duration, 2-8 days; transmissible by healthy adults up to 5 days.  Annual global average: 3 to 5 million severe cases (about 1% of cases) and up to 650,000 deaths.

The norovirus is one of the most unpleasant viruses one can catch; but, it's not fatal unless you get extremely dehydrated.  Symptoms appear 12-48 hours after exposure; in my case, it was 36 hours after passing a store customer I don't remember; thankfully, none of my co-workers caught it from me despite getting fairly close to two of them.  (WebMD's Website proved much more informative than the CDC's.)  I couldn't work for two days; turns out the later symptoms after the worst ones pass is dizziness, which is why I should've taken off a day instead of returning.  My biggest clue was when a cruse ship made the news just then because everyone on board contracted it within a single day.  It is one of the most contagious viruses there is.  Sure enough, despite keeping their distance, both my parents got sick 36 hours after being around me and not even touching me.  There is no vaccine.  There are something like 16 strains, and one only has natural immunity to each strain for several months.

There are over 200 strains of the common cold; most colds are caused by rhinoviruses (literally "viruses that make your nose run").  As of 2020, there are 39 coronaviruses, 7 of which affect humans—4 cause about 15% of common colds, one (SARS-CoV) causes SARS, one causes MERS (oddly transmitted only between humans & dromedary camels; now officially COVID-12), and one (SARS-CoV2) causes COVID-19 (so named by the W.H.O. so as not to offend the Chinese government, as the head of the W.H.O. said when he announced it).  ["COVID" simply stands for COronoaViral Infectious Disease, the number being the year it started.]

Whenever you catch a cold, you have lifetime immunity to that strain—but there are more than enough strains for most people to catch at least one cold each year. There are other diseases like mumps, German measles (rubella) that give lifetime immunity when you catch them.  Some vaccines, mostly given to children, do give lifetime immunity, like for polio, (red) measles (ruella), and smallpox.  (The polio virus is actually more closely related to viruses that cause a cold than influenza; it's also more common than most people think because most people who catch it don't have severe, crippling symptoms.)  By definition, anyone who has caught and survived anything has better and longer-lasting immunity than those who have been inoculated.  My father caught COVID-19 in late April 2020; his convalescent antibodies were still so high in December that he initially tested positive again until they tested specifically for the virus the next day.

Two things make COVID-19 so contagious:  Before the end of 2019, no-one was immune because it was a new virus; and, it's incubation period is 2 to 13 days, 5½ days on average.  It took 2 years for the Spanish flu pandemic of a century ago to run its course; interestingly, it is the only virus that seems to have been eradicated, although the CDC keeps it (with everything else possible) in cold storage to compare with other strains that may develop--the 2012 strain was said to be unusually similar to that virulent 1917 strain.  Many people have been tested for antibodies and found they already had them despite never showing symptoms or having symptoms so mild they weren't reported.  The COVID-19 mortality rate is 0.6% among reported cases—add the unreported mild cases, and it's more like 0.1% or less.  Like every other outbreak, epidemic, or pandemic, the fewer people who have it and the more people who have immunity, the less it will spread and join the thousands of other viral and bacterial diseases one can possibly catch.  When people (especially in government), say implicitly or explicitly that humanity is doomed if 100% of the world's population is not vaccinated, whether they're already immune or not, and that we need to remain scared of this one virus from now on, they're banking for their own reasons on people no longer being able to think rationally and weigh all the facts.  Big pharma doesn't help any by wanting, for their own bottom line, to already introduce booster shots every few months only for this one virus and get full, not just emergency-use, authorization for it before long-term studies are possible; it's way too soon to know if re-vaccination will be needed at all.  Besides, coronaviruses are so far known for lifetime immunity, one big reason why there are currently no cases of MERS or SARS (which started in a different part of China and had an 11% mortality rate).

I might just throw in that I'm living here in the U.S. because of the Second Cholera Pandemic, the worst per capita of the seven such pandemics. Like the other six and several other bacterial pandemics, it started along the filthy Ganges River in India by 1828, spread up to Russia, across Europe (about 100,000 died in France and 20,000 of the 650,000 Parisians died, when the global population was far less), to Britain (55,000+), across the Atlantic to Canada & the U.S. in 1832, finally petering out as it made it's way across the thinly populated American West and into northern Mexico.  My ancestors had endured a lot of turmoil, including the battle that defeated Napoleon the first time very near where they lived; but, they stayed through everything—until the cholera pandemic approached central Europe.  The family's patriarch, his wife, ten children aged 28 to 5½, the spouses of two (the husband of a third had already died), and 3 or 4 grandchildren, found transport in France, and sailed to immigrate at the burgeoning port of New Orleans (July 3, 1832), already the U.S.'s 3rd-largest city—where the pandemic had reached about a month earlier along trade routes from New York.  3,500 people in New York City died, equivalent to 100,000 in 2013's population of 8 million; but, 4,300 people died in New Orleans, a much higher percentage.  Both parents, their 2nd eldest son, and 2 of the older daughters died from extreme dehydration within 9 days; it's possible that a daughter-in-law and 2 of the grandchildren did as well.  The youngest at 5½ was my ancestor who was "adopted out" until he was 21; he then moved with a similarly orphaned friend to Texas where they married sisters.  The Third Cholera Pandemic allowed for the discovery of the bacteria, which is why cholera outbreaks are no longer nearly as bad.

No vaccine has ever been or ever will have 100% efficacy.  It's because of Benjamin Franklin that people get inoculated.  Smallpox vaccination, the first preventative inoculation, was just starting; but, lots of people had "vaccine hesitancy," mostly because of how misinformation could spread.  He had two children by his common-law wife Deborah Read; his wife was against it but then caught it and survived.  But, their only son, age 4, caught it and died.  The widespread acceptance of immunization in general and against smallpox specifically is credited to Franklin's eloquence and first-hand experience.  With COVID-19, people should consider their own health, co-morbitiies & related risks, and side effects before deciding which vaccine to get or if they should get one at all.  Thanks to all red tape being removed, these vaccines were given EUA for immediate distribution; the long-term effects and efficacy, though, will take years to determine.

Efficacy:  W.H.O. target—50%, WHO preferred—70%.  Against COVID-19:  Pfizer-BioNTech—95% after both doses (~90% against delta strain), Moderna—94.1% after both doses (~90% against delta strain); Johnson & Johnson/Jannsen—72% (one dose); Oxford/AstraZeneca AZD1222 [not in U.S.]—63.09% (one dose).  The Phase 3 trials are ongoing and continue to support these rates while also documenting side effects.)  New malaria vaccine (April 2021)—75%.  Influenza:  2004-05 season—10%, 2010-11—60%, 2019-20—39%, average—estimated 50-60% because of unreported cases.

I have only gotten a flu vaccine twice in my life—once for the "swine flu" in 1976 that only a relative few caught after all, and the 2012 "bird flu" when the U.S. government had done nothing until 1,000 Americans had died from it—demand caught suppliers and outlets so off guard that they ran out. I drove an hour north only to find they had just ran out; ended up getting it a few weeks later much closer.  It seems like I used to catch the flu about once every ten years; but, I have not had it since early 2002; I can get a free vaccination every year through my employer, but I haven't managed to do so in 8 years.  Because of the novelty of COVID-19, though, I did get the Pfizer vaccine; side effect somewhat did me in for a couple days—especially fatigue and injection-site pain—but, I felt great after a few days.  Continue to take appropriate precautions as when anything is going around and you'll be less likely to catch it, just like everything else.  I've heard some, including the current U.S. Secretary for Health & Human Services, publicly say the human race may be doomed very soon.  The Black Death (the height of the Second Bubonic Plague Pandemic) wiped out between a third and half the population of Europe; that medieval pandemic lasted about 350 years and was the worst pandemic humanity has every suffered, yet the world now has an estimated 8 billion people.  Bubonic plague, by the way, is still around, and has a nearly 100% fatality rate when untreated.  By the way, it is not possible that no-one in the world caught or died from influenza during the 2020-21 season; in the U.S. at least, medical facilities were "compensated" $6,000 for every COVID-19 death they reported; so, most of not all flu deaths were reported instead as being from (not with) COVID-19, which in turn inflated the total number of pandemic deaths.

I hope this doesn't seem too long; but, facts are facts, whether they're politically correct or not.

Guest Huffer69

Very interesting & informative fact finding mission you went on there - thankyou. Here in the UK B.J. against the medical advice is going ahead with full lifting of all restrictions from the 19th July with masks etc only now a personal choice - despite the fact that the new Delta variant  is reaching higher proportions of confirmed cases on a daily basis than the original back in April/May of 2020 - yes we do have to live with it but really at such a cost ?? I just hope & pray people will take an educated choice to keep following some of the precautions to protect themselves & others rather than go for bust & to hell with it - as B.J. himself has said this virus is here for the long term & caution must be followed but we can't allow it to hold us hostage for ever !!

On an interesting footnote - since I have been using a face visor since the outbreak I seem to have stayed clear from any coughs & colds etc when normally I do succumb to 2/3 per year & I've remained free from all C-19 symptoms too, had 6 tests all negative - the only thing I haven't escaped from is hay fever !!!      

Yeah, hay fever is usually caused by seasonal allergies, mostly to airborne pollen; so, that's something else many must deal with.  They used to knock my mother out of commission every spring for a few weeks.  I've had had allergies, too, so I know what you mean.

I was surprised Britain lifted restrictions, or at least decided to go through with it; that's usually been in response to declining cases.  What seems to work best is consistently while not over-reacting.  But, yes, it'll be around long-term, like other diseases worse & not as bad because of widespread immunity.  When Europeans first came in contact with native Americans, those who happened to be carriers but were long-since immune to smallpox, unwittingly gave it to entire tribes that had never been exposed to it. In some cases, they thought imported evil spirits were causing that often-fatal new (to them) disease; so they sometimes killed all the European settlers to prevent further spread--ignorant, drastic, and too late because now they had it, too.  My ancestors, in the understanding of the times, thought they were escaping a cholera pandemic, but ran headlong into it instead.

If you wear a mask, N95 and surgical provide the best protection for those in the vicinity and best chance of some for the wearer.  Masks (now made mostly in China, according to the labels) that most people have been wearing are the kind that hospitals offered or required (depending) when visiting patients so as not to infect them with something the visitor may be carrying but not be infected with.  (When a patient has something communicable, visitors must put on a lot more PPE before entering the patient's room.)  Masks with vents in them totally defeat the purpose of wearing a mask in the first place, that of trying to filter bacteria and viruses carried by the wearer; some places banned them last year because of that.  KN95's are not the real think--they just look like it; the packaging for one brand I've seen says the smallest it filters out is dust, which is good for minimizing the effects of grass allergies while mowing a lawn or from the dense smog China had several years ago before the Olympic Games were held there.  Bacteria have to be seen through a microscope; most if not all viruses must be seen using an electron microscope (and HIV is so tiny that it couldn't be seen directly for years); bacteria are smaller than most dust particles, and viruses are much smaller than bacterial; the analogy I've heard of T-shirt-material masks and scarves stopping viruses is akin to throwing dirt & gravel at a chain-link fence and expecting the fence to stop it.

If we continue to take reasonable precautions for situations we're in, and we should come through this OK.

Guest Huffer69
17 hours ago, Hard8Stud said:

Yeah, hay fever is usually caused by seasonal allergies, mostly to airborne pollen; so, that's something else many must deal with.  They used to knock my mother out of commission every spring for a few weeks.  I've had had allergies, too, so I know what you mean.

I was surprised Britain lifted restrictions, or at least decided to go through with it; that's usually been in response to declining cases.  What seems to work best is consistently while not over-reacting.  But, yes, it'll be around long-term, like other diseases worse & not as bad because of widespread immunity.  When Europeans first came in contact with native Americans, those who happened to be carriers but were long-since immune to smallpox, unwittingly gave it to entire tribes that had never been exposed to it. In some cases, they thought imported evil spirits were causing that often-fatal new (to them) disease; so they sometimes killed all the European settlers to prevent further spread--ignorant, drastic, and too late because now they had it, too.  My ancestors, in the understanding of the times, thought they were escaping a cholera pandemic, but ran headlong into it instead.

If you wear a mask, N95 and surgical provide the best protection for those in the vicinity and best chance of some for the wearer.  Masks (now made mostly in China, according to the labels) that most people have been wearing are the kind that hospitals offered or required (depending) when visiting patients so as not to infect them with something the visitor may be carrying but not be infected with.  (When a patient has something communicable, visitors must put on a lot more PPE before entering the patient's room.)  Masks with vents in them totally defeat the purpose of wearing a mask in the first place, that of trying to filter bacteria and viruses carried by the wearer; some places banned them last year because of that.  KN95's are not the real think--they just look like it; the packaging for one brand I've seen says the smallest it filters out is dust, which is good for minimizing the effects of grass allergies while mowing a lawn or from the dense smog China had several years ago before the Olympic Games were held there.  Bacteria have to be seen through a microscope; most if not all viruses must be seen using an electron microscope (and HIV is so tiny that it couldn't be seen directly for years); bacteria are smaller than most dust particles, and viruses are much smaller than bacterial; the analogy I've heard of T-shirt-material masks and scarves stopping viruses is akin to throwing dirt & gravel at a chain-link fence and expecting the fence to stop it.

If we continue to take reasonable precautions for situations we're in, and we should come through this OK.

Guest Huffer69

Re Britain relaxing restrictions now just as the Delta variant  has now got a firm foothold & causing yet more confirmed cases daily & even more deaths etc - I think the world is shocked & surprised at this happening - painfully obvious he is all out for the " herd control " theory - he wants life to go back to normal is ignoring all the advice from the medical experts & just keeps relying on the vaccine roll out ( which tho is fantastic is still far short of 100% double compliance !! The " R " rate in the Uk is now 1.4 & still he lets the restrictions be lifted - I dread to think what might happen as August & the Winter months come upon us - the hospitals are once again at breaking point & the " laughable " thing is the new health secretary now has c-19 ( well symptoms anyway ) & is isolating as are several members of the gov't - you couldn't make it up !!! He still allows people to travel abroad without the need for isolation ( if you have been doubled jabbed ) yet more countries are now banning all travel from the Uk because of this foolish idea from Boris that it's safe to play out again but with caution - so basically he has thrown it all back to us - so that if we are &#036;%@#&#036;%#&#036; back into lockdown he will blame it on us by saying " well we did tell you to be cautious "  - I tell you I despair  !!!!

• 3 months later...
Guest barehole4use

After being fully vaccinated from the 2 jabs of Astra, think we will all need a booster jab soon, but just when we thought the worst was over, it looks very much like Corona is coming back hard again. I am expecting a lockdown in mainland europe before the end of the year again. The UK does not seem to be doing any better either & i wonder how bad it is getting in the USA.

There was a small hope on the horizon about that new pill they have created that gives a huge amount of resistance but will not be rolled out before next year when we really need it now.

Thoughts from others ?

Guest barehole4use
On 7/21/2021 at 2:50 PM, Hard8Stud said:

I think this is sensible advice too. If the majority adhere to it though is another question.

Guest Huffer69

Watching the UK tables carefully - it amazes me that the UK gov't are insisting no further restrictions will be set in place for the winter - despite growing figures of positive cases & hospital admissions - & despite plea's from the medical scientists & experts - B.J. & his clowns are insisting the vaccine programme is working -  they have got their heads in the sand & are now just going all out for herd control & don't seem to care anymore - likewise the UK public - they also don't seem to care anymore & if ever restrictions are set back in place I bet no one will adhere to them - everyone will suddenly become exempt from mask wearing etc !! Grr !! I still wear a face screen when on public transport, when out shopping & at work & will continue to do so until I see a zero increase in cases - I also get my 3rd vaccine later this month & then my booster in the Spring - YAY !!!       

Guest barehole4use
On 11/11/2021 at 8:18 AM, Huffer69 said:

I still wear a face screen when on public transport, when out shopping & at work & will continue to do so until I see a zero increase in cases

I am doing the same too, i saw on the news this morning that The Netherlands is going back in to a short lockdown with 14,000 new cases per day being reported & i think here in Belgium it is coming too as we have also 8,000 new cases per day & Germany already over 50,000 per day but it is the people who did not get vaccinated that are in the hospitals. A friend in London told me that there the new cases are 43,000 per day. Not doing something about it after everything we know is just plain STUPID.

Edited by barehole4use
updating the numbers