Why some people want to become POZ?

gam1069

As a bareback fan, I know it is risky to get HIV. Well I try hard to not to become POZ. I only fuck with some trusted guys. I don't understand why some people want to become POZ actively? Can anyone explain it to me? Or someone who chased bugs not became POZ can share his stories and thoughts?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have yet to do it, but there is my inner slut that would like to pack in a few years of concentrated fucking. I enter my 60s next year, with a tight and fuckable ass.

Part of me just wants to have it all raw so I can go to clubs and cruising areas and go from cock to cock.

The thing that puts me off is the unpredictable nature of the effect being poz would have on my body and mind. Dementia can sti;; be a part of becoming poz - and I'd rather not go there any time soon.

Still undecided - if that makes me seem like a wimp, so be it.

• 2 years later...
Guest DUBSTEP

Easy, because they don't have to worry about catching it again, but there are other things to worry about too like Hep C, even though I have been poz since 2005 I have rarely used condoms since I still worry about catching Hep C, I wonder why I don't have it, I don't do meth anymore but I have been an IV user and still my tests come back negative weird ey. Then there are those guys who do meth and bareback and still comeback HIV negative weird right? I thought for many years those HIV meds wernt doing damage to me, today I am figuring out they are causing my depression, and quite frankly I wish I never had it but to be super careful and use condoms with every encounter is a pain if I were God i'd eliminate that virus from this planet so everyone would bareback.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't choose to become poz, it just happened. But having a good understanding of phsycology, I can give a few reasons that guys want to become poz. Here's a list:

1) To become one of the "club". Yeah, that may sound weird, but some see it as a right of passage.

2) No more worring about if they "Will" get it.

3) Some feel after becoming poz they don't have to worry about being a slut, and taking any and all loads. This isn't fully true, since getting co-infected (where one has diff. strains of HIV) is possible, but they don't care.

4) Some like to be the Masochist and enjoy the idea of someone "using" them, and "seeding" them. So they get pleasure by having someone give them the "Gift".

5) Some get poz because they're poor, living on the streets, and can't get help. But they find that their friends who became poz all of a sudden got health care paid by the state, in some cases a place to live, and much more if they actually go beyond being poz, and also achieve AIDS status.

6) Since men can't get pregnant, some look at this as the only way for them to "Carry" another guys gene's inside them. You see some women love the fact that they can carry another guys baby inside them, if they really love that guy. So some gay men feel this is what they can "do" for the one they love.

That is just a short list. I am not saying any or all of them are good reasons, let alone any other reason. I don't like to judge others, so those are just reasons I know some others have wanted to be poz., right or wrong.

• Like 1

Some people might also be suffering from depression or low self worth and might be on self destruct, they do not care if they live or die so they might want to be positive in order to shorten their lifespan.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JAYMAL666

Why some people want to become HIV positive with all the past news information and medical videos, live testimonies of real HIV positives on meds, financial disasters, poverty, the answer could be some superficial reasons already given.

Thousands of males and females with bareback sex videos and movie storylines as well as every day sex circuit pop culture, that STD infected people are still sexy and successful as long as they look facially and bodily good, death or sickness can't happen.

There are also people in the work and life grind that want to break the monotony and get sex at whatever level attainable, plus sickness and death could be no worse to break the monotony.

• 1 year later...
Guest Seanstrd69

the idea gets me very turned on, and I don't know why really, I am not overtly suicidal, yet I have been around old people, and I am starting to realize that the golden years are not so golden after all. So why be so cautious, I am almost 50 years old, and at sort of a cross-roads in life, I am starting to feel its better to live in this moment, I have had a good life, and once again, am not seriesly depressed.

I'm 12 or so years older than you, and quite honestly prvaricate about getting pozzed. part of me wants to slut my ass out, and just get on with it. Part of me knows how hard I have worked on improving my overall sate of health a lot over the last 15 years or so. Ideally I'd like to start on PrEP - I'd still have some STFd to consider, but overall , my health should remain inchallenged. And yet, and yet...

• 1 year later...

This is a huge and in some ways very dark question. On the surface, it would seem insane that anyone would willingly risk getting a potentially life threatening disease. Yet some men, me included, continue to do so.

There are many reasons. Most, if you have never had the desire yourself might seem odd. Here are some that I have heard and/or were part of my own process.

I will not have to worry about getting the disease every again.....it takes the fear of of fucking.

I want a connection to all the other men who have the disease.

I want to experience as much of the whole range of queer experiences as possible...and HIV is just one of them.

I want to belong to a community

It is gonna happen....so why not just get it over with

I might have better access to some services (this was more common earlier in the AIDs epidemic....no longer much truth to this)

I want to live an authentic life.....nothing artificial including use of condoms

No doubt there are also those who do have some self-loathing or other similar issues and becoming HIV+ is just one more way the punish themselves.

Bottom line (no pun intended) is that it is a personal choice.....and one only a person can make for themselves. I know I made that choice and I live with it....so I cannot judge others who do. What I really encourage is that guys understand the concept of living with the disease....and not just think about the hottness of a good fuck with a poz top.

Guest barehole4use

I want to give my point of view on this topic but i will avoid it because i am afraid i will get banned for life.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bugchaser63

It is the ultimate act of submission to take the seed of a poz man.

It is the equivalent of getting pregnant

There is a connection to the guy giving his seed

• 1 month later...
Guest barehole4use
7 hours ago, ebonysauce said:

then post your narrative as a guest instead of using your handle.

Maybe you should learn some manners