Some Features, Fixes, Rants.

Guest LavaTube

Guest LavaTube

On the subject of mails, the Inbox/new counts do not update immediately upon sending/checking emails but take a while which makes it a bit annoying to send/receive emails between people. I find the New email thing a bit confusing since it kinda breaks my mental model of what the email interfaces should have. I kinda like the google model which only shows a number by the Inbox link if there are new messages. I don't really care how many emails I have in my box since there's no quota system that I know of and if there were I'm way way under it. So I say ditch the number by the Inbox, and replace it with the count of new messages. The new/inbox links are redundant anyhow. So it would read:

Welcome Lavatube! My Account | Logout | Inbox(1) | Sent | Chat

The user profile link in the email took me to a blank user profile page. The link in the mailbox works, but the one that's actually inside the email didn't seem to work for me.

It would really be nice to have a fixed local search that immediately shows who is online in your area so you don't have to do a local search that takes 3 page loads and then only shows everybody in your area whether they are online or not. I suggest putting this Online Locally search under the Connect Now menu. You could even make it part of the Total Members Currently Online bar. So it might read:

Local Members: 52 / 40154 online.

Still might need some working to make it more elegant.

On the breakdown of types of people online, I could really care less to see how many of each type of people are online, but hey, if it makes you feel nice, then keep it. You might want to fix the parallelism of the words though. That is, Member and Guest should be plural Members and Guests.

Personally, one thing I really liked about the old site was being able to see the thumbnails of the XXX pictures. We're well aware that we have free accounts. If you want to subtly remind us you can add a little XXX logo in the corner of the pictures to remind us we won't be seeing squat if we click on it without getting one of your super awesome premium accounts. Without the thumbnails of hot guys to ogle, there's really nothing keeping me coming to this site and I'd just try one of the free bb sites.

Lastly, could you make the button to submit a message in these forums more apparent? I had to scroll way down the page till this message window was completely out of view to submit. Let's throw another submit button close to the message for the people that don't want to indulge in the many many many optional widgets to add to a message.