forum page

Guest swm05

Hey chaps  - just wondering if anyone else is having issues trying to navigate the forum pages, this is the first time I've been able to open the forum in it's usual form & layout for over a month, prior to today, each time I've opened the forum page, the layout has gone all strange, everything moved to the left of the screen & became a drop down menu only which went nowhere - I just wish I'd taken a photo to show what I meant - but it's been highly frustrating !!! I just hope it's been a technical  fault at the sites end , I know my laptop is old but this is the only site I'd had issues with ?? 

Comments below would be appreciated please guys.  

I haven't had time for almost a week to check in, so I just now saw your new topic that affects everyone who accesses and uses BB Forums at all.

I still must access BB & BB Forums only from my smartphone, and I've had similar problems when I check in for weeks--interestingly, today was the first time in quite awhile that hasn't happened to me on the Forums main page, so I wonder if your comment triggered a fix. I'm following notifications, and so far so good; but, I was beginning to think maybe it was just my phone, and it was getting very frustrating. I didn't so much have a drop-down menu, but the whole page wanted to load in tiny text on the left third of the window with useless icons on the right and intermittent links that often didn't work. On any page that did the same when I tried to read recent posts, I could not leave a reply or select a reaction emoticon. I'll explore a bit and see if the problem still exists.

Well, today, it's not as good as yesterday, when looked normal for the first time in a long time, but not as bad as it has been. :/ Icons for those who post are doubled--literally feels like double vision--and the username appears twice, once normally and the other to the left & vertical. The reply box is only half as wide as the window when portrait but fills the screen the way it should when landscape.

I think the problems go back to things we've tried to get fixed for years and the apparent lack of a Webmaster who regularly maintains the Website. I wonder how it will be tomorrow.

Just out of curiosity, I went to the BB Forums Leaderboard; and, that page is still fucked up, at least from my phone.

It looks to me like someone is paying attention, probably because of the forum this topic is in. Now, at to me, everything looks almost fine including the Leaderboard page. I'm no longer getting double images & very curiously doubled usernames by each post; instead, the username is on the left where it belongs, but the image is now centered--perhaps the new intended location. If it's not BB Michael, then it would be good if he'd let us know what happened and who's repairing the site's pages' layout. In any case, it's much better now.

Yep, three days on the trot & the forum leader page is as it should be, easy to navigate & post etc - fingers crossed the gremlin/bug has been sorted - thanx to who ever has noted etc .  

OK, now this is curious: Everything still seems to load & function correctly. But, now each member's rank icon that appears by each of his posts is now tiny. ?!?

Lets be thankfull for small mercies - at least the header page is working so we can post & chat again  - tho the icons appear to be fine on my laptop !! 

Mmmmm - spoke to soon, couldn't post anything yesterday as the forum leader page had gone tits up again !! Back to normal today as I'm able to post - do wonder tho if any of the admin/tech team could actually explain what keeps happening & why - I know you all have other day jobs etc but it would be nice to know if it's a gremlin/bug in the system because if it's a new program that's being tried - I'm so NOT a fan !!  

Yeah, for me, it's almost as fucked up as before, which is very frustrating. The Forums landing page and most others have reverted; only when I select the link to a member's page does it look right. :| At least, somehow this time, I was able to find a way to post a reply, which I couldn't do several weeks ago. But, I see a lot of stuff that's supposed to be either hidden or cleanly legible, not spread out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The nonfunctionality of the BB Forums lasted too long and is probably why swm05 left. I couldn't read, post, or contact Admin for almost 3 months. I decided to check back today and found that the BB Forums are apparently fully functional again! I logged into BB itself just fine but had to set a new password to log into the Forums, which should be returned to being part of the entire BB Website. (Shouldn't need to log in twice.) But, at least BB Forums is back to functioning correctly, so hopefully usage will improve again.

When I posted 2 1/2 days ago, everything worked like it should. But, whatever is going on with this Website is starting to fall apart again. Either some fundamental web-programming errors need to be fixed, or it may actually be time to re-design the whole BB Website. By the way, apparently only the Forums are misbehaving; even though the rest of the site is slower than it should be, at least all the other pages seem to load correctly.