Profile deleted mssg ?

Guest barehole4use

Guest barehole4use

Just got this mssg when i tried to log in to my profile that my profile was deleted & to contact support, which i have done, strange as my forum page is working fine, i hope they are not updating the site without ironing out the problems yet again for the 100th time - Who else has had this when signing in to there profile too ?

Guest barehole4use
On 4/7/2022 at 4:19 PM, Guest barehole4use said:

Just got this mssg when i tried to log in to my profile that my profile was deleted & to contact support, which i have done, strange as my forum page is working fine, i hope they are not updating the site without ironing out the problems yet again for the 100th time - Who else has had this when signing in to there profile too ?

Had to make a new profile, not a problem, i came back with the same profile name. i did send Michael a email but no reply or even notice was given why my profile was even deleted in the first place.

Wow, sorry to hear that. Curious that being able to use your same BB username doesn't automatically connect with all your BB Forum posts.  Hopefully they're looking into it so that BB Michael can let you know why it happened and keep it from happening to anyone else.

Guest barehole4use
58 minutes ago, Hard8Stud said:

Wow, sorry to hear that. Curious that being able to use your same BB username doesn't automatically connect with all your BB Forum posts.  Hopefully they're looking into it so that BB Michael can let you know why it happened and keep it from happening to anyone else.

if you look at other profiles it has happened to others too, you see it when there profile all of a sudden says guest when you know that person has been a member here for a long time, also what i found annoying is my status as a mentor is gone & now i am a newbie which honestly i don't care about but it's all a bit childish to be honest to delete my profile with any notification or warning, so in other words go find the answer out for yourself. Not very professional from the moderators & i see i already had logging in issues so god knows what they are doing, when it continues i know i will leave this site to there actions, if there is something i have little tolerance for is incompetent behaviour.

Yes, I had noticed at least one other long-time and frequent contributor in the BB Forums is now "Guest_".  I thought it was curious that two of you would "choose" to bow out at the same time.  But, you've explained to us why.

With the current, difficult-to-use design of the BB Website itself causing most members to not use it and not many more using the Forums, I'm almost certain Michael has few if any others now helping to run both.  We were promised months ago that the problems causing having to log in to the Forums separately from the main part of the site would be repaired, but it hasn't yet.  Oddly enough, I discovered 2 days ago (and quite by accident) that if I log out of the Forums, that also logs me out of the Website, but logging into the Forums does not log in to the Website--and logging into the Website still doesn't log in to the Forums part of the site.  Programming bugs are starting to cause first irritations and eventually problems in the site while technology keeps changing. I think it's more like, after 15+ years, that (especially with so few users now) all parts of the site haven't been maintained in years. Formerly reliable sites like OldData, although still functional, were abandoned for unknown reasons several years ago and have since become decrepit, out of date, and riddled with spam ads & possible hacking. BB may need to look into getting new ownership before that happens here, too.

Guest barehole4use
12 hours ago, Hard8Stud said:

Yes, I had noticed at least one other long-time and frequent contributor in the BB Forums is now "Guest_".  I thought it was curious that two of you would "choose" to bow out at the same time.  But, you've explained to us why.

Michael on a separate post explained they do not delete profiles without warning wish is not honest or truthful, i have pointed it out, let see if he is honest enough to have made the mistake or someone else did it, we are all human & can make mistakes from time to time but to blame this on members is a joke in itself, esp when they have pointed it out. You are right the layout is very messy for a site 2 times to log in is just silly like a retard did the lay out, no offence menat to a retard. Let's hope they wake up there too, i wish they would have a fresh update & iron out all the problems & make this site streamlined as it deserves to be. It's the members that make this site good & the moderators including Michael should not forget that. As always if it becomes intolerable i will leave so will others. The internet is not all that great for dates anyway.