Guest Huffer69

Guest Huffer69

Greetings to you all - just sending you viral hugs ( pardon the unfortunate term ) from the UK - I do hope everyone is coping with all this lock down scenario - it's something I never thought I'd go thru in my lifetime - unprecedented times indeed - there never was a more pressing time to be aware of you friends, family, colleagues, fellow citizens & yes complete strangers, time to take stock, sit back & think of others before yourself & realise we should never take anything for granted again - especially all our front line care workers & all those essential workers keeping the cogs turning during this crisis putting their own lives at risk to make sure we can live ours. Now more than ever it is so important to stay in touch - from a distance - to make sure our loved ones are ok - give yourselves a routine for the day - a quiet space for you - follow all the advise & regulations & if we do - we will come out of this long dark tunnel & probably be better humans for it - stay safe - stay at home - stay focused -  prayers to you all . 

Guest barehole4use

Great advice Huffer69, not sure if this has taken off in the UK yet but all over europe we clap our hands or use pan lids to clap at 20:00pm for all the health workers out of the window, i have been doing it the last 2 weeks too & the whole street where i live does it too, i think it's a small incentive to say a BIG THANK YOU for all the health workers on the front line trying so hard to save all of our lives.

Guest Huffer69
21 hours ago, barehole4use said:

Great advice Huffer69, not sure if this has taken off in the UK yet but all over europe we clap our hands or use pan lids to clap at 20:00pm for all the health workers out of the window, i have been doing it the last 2 weeks too & the whole street where i live does it too, i think it's a small incentive to say a BIG THANK YOU for all the health workers on the front line trying so hard to save all of our lives.

The UK are doing different things weekly - 2 weeks ago we all lite candles at 8.pm & placed in our front windows as a sign & prayer for world health, last week again at 8.pm , we all gathered at our front doors, gardens, balcony's etc & clapped & cheered for the NHS etc & I believe there is a nightly 8.pm lighting of candles for something called World Health / Earth at Home (?) it's on f/b - some refreshing news from Italy has lifted spirits hundreds of people now recovering from covid-19 & off ventilators - there is a light at the end of the tunnel - YAY !!    

Guest barehole4use
3 hours ago, Huffer69 said:

some refreshing news from Italy has lifted spirits hundreds of people now recovering from covid-19 & off ventilators - there is a light at the end of the tunnel - YAY !! 

That is indeed refreshing news, let's hope that trend continues.

Guest Huffer69

Indeed let us hope so - tho I believe Spain has now hit a peak & the UK is believed to hit it's peak in mid April - our lock down has now been extended till June !!