Viral Load and hiv infection

• 2 weeks later...

There's no magic number, it's just the higher the viral load is, the more likely it is to infect you. But to give you some context of the possible range, newly diagnosed guys can have a viral load in the millions. Personally, I only had a viral load of ~260,000 before my body reduced it to 2000 before beginning meds, and I somehow didn't infect anyone while I was at the peak of my infection. But of course, there are things besides just a guy's viral load to consider that makes it likelier to get infected. Barebacking (of course), bottoming, having the poz guy cum insided you, and keeping that load inside you for as long as possible all increase the likelihood of getting infected. Being infected by another sti (like gonorrhea, chlamydia, etc.) at the time also increases the likelihood of getting HIV, as well as having an irritated anal lining such as what you might get if you douche with soapy water. Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been poz for 32 years, always been on meds so undectable, always fuck raw both top and bottom and as far as i know not infected anyone! Fucked raw with current partner for a couple of years now, he's still neg although i did give him a dose of syphilis and gonorrhea recently, after picking up a stray at a beat! - cute muscled body, got him naked in bushes, he wanted me to fuck him, but found my cock too big!! So i bent over for him, took his poxy cumload, then flip fucked partner at home... 1 cumload is never enough for me, just makes me horny for more! So even with a dose of pox, partner is still neg!!

dude who pozzed my ass was stealthing me the first few times we fucked. by the time he told me he was poz i likely was already converting. his vl was in the mid 300K range......i have no idea what is "necessary"....but that was enough to get me knocked up

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest barehole4use

I've been POZ for over 5 year now & not on meds my viral load hovers between 750,000 & over a million sometimes it goes up & then after a few weeks goes down again. I know when i get fucked bare if the guy fucking me is neg the chances from him walking away neg are few & far between. Good luck with your search.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest seedme01001

Slammed using a dirty syringe by mistake.  Love being poz.  My VL is >3million, T cells 70.  Just started meds but want to gift

• 2 years later...