Whats the attraction in bugchasing?

Guest spitroast

Guest spitroast

Seriously? Might be difficult to explain, just as it's difficult to explain any other fetish (what else would you call bugchasing?) like rubber, or leather, or lycra or whatever. I'm neg myself, and I know that if I roll the dice often enough it's gonna come up snake eyes. I'm a big boy, I know and accept the risks etc, you all know the argument by now.

But I don't actively go out seeking poz guys, as I know some do. I just dig sex, pure and simple. Thats what gets me off.

Anyone care to take a stab at this?

Take a Stab at you? Hummm, sounds inviting. ;) Seriously though, about the bug chasing, there are various reasons some seek the bug.

1. The adrenaline rush that they get when they feel a poz guy unload inside of them.

2. Health Insurance, and benefits. That may sound crazy, but esp. some homeless find that the Ryan White foundation can help them get basic health care, and many local HIV support centers can help them get a home. This is probably rare of all the guys wanting to get converted, but it's large enough that I've seen magazine articles about it. I even have to admit that I get far better health coverage since I've been poz, than I ever had before. My current health insurance has a $2500 max. out of pocket limit. After I reach that, I get the rest of the years health insurance "Free". Well it's not free, I do have to pay for the insurance out of my paycheck every week, yet there's no co-pay after I have spent $2,500. Many people who have health insurance will hold off on something like carpel tunnel surgery for example, because they know they can't afford their share of the co-pays. Since my pills are included in the basic health coverage, with out a prescription plan that is, I max out my total out of pocket share (co-pay) in the first month of the year. After that, anything I have done is paid in full by the insurance. It is a benefit, though some would argue that being poz is a high cost to pay for that level of care. So I am not condoning this type of rationalizing being poz, but it is one benefit that some have sought after.

3. To get rid of the "Fear" factor. In other words, some guys hate the constant worrying about if they just messed up and got "It". So they conclude that if they get converted, it takes the fear away, and they can live in peace with it.

4. Some look at it as a club. In fact, one of the first guys I talked to online, when I became poz, put it this way, "Welcome to the Club." It does create a sort of comradeship between those infected. A better way of putting it is that they understand each other, and know that they can rely on others who deal with being poz, to not be negative to them. (Pun intentional.) It's like having a large group of brothers.

5. Some feel that it empowers them. They feel that it's great to be able to truly "Breed" another guy, with permission. Well some don't worry about getting permission to infect others, and just do it, but there are many who are responsible, and only infect those who ask for it. I am not condoning this reason, but simply stating the fact.

6. To be able to "Take" the DNA of another man with them. Some truly feel that it's an honor to give another man pleasure, and what greater of a sacrifice of oneself than to give pleasure to someone who others might avoid, because of their status. Simply put, they're a bit on the masochist side, and find pleasure in allowing their body to be given up for another guy, who they see as an Alpha Male, since they are poz. These guys usually think of negative guys as non-alpha, and weak.

Well there's a small list of reasons. Again, I'm not condoning any of these reasons, but they're ones I've ran across from others who were seeking, and have talked to me. There's many other reasons, I'm sure, including some I might have heard of, but just can't recall. I would encourage you to be non-judgmental of others reasons for chasing the bug. I say that simply because I believe that we all are responsible for our own actions and desires, not others. I presume, since you say you know the risk, and since you are on a bareback site, that you bareback. Some would judge you as being irresponsible, just for not using protection. I've even heard one person put down a guy who said he barebacked because he was allergic to latex. They said he should just j/o with others than, and be responsible. I don't agree with that view, but as I hope you can see, even us who bareback can have others judge us....we should not then turn around and judge others.

I hope that helps.

Seriously? Might be difficult to explain, just as it's difficult to explain any other fetish (what else would you call bugchasing?) like rubber, or leather, or lycra or whatever. I'm neg myself, and I know that if I roll the dice often enough it's gonna come up snake eyes. I'm a big boy, I know and accept the risks etc, you all know the argument by now.

But I don't actively go out seeking poz guys, as I know some do. I just dig sex, pure and simple. Thats what gets me off.

Anyone care to take a stab at this?