HIV Negative Guys on PrEP

Guest hotmotherfucker

Guest hotmotherfucker

Hey guys!

I am HIV negative and have been thinking about starting PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) Truvada as a prevention strategy... so I can fuck raw with anyone without serosorting. Excited!! :)

I just wanted to know if anyone else is on PrEP? What has it been like for you? Any side effects?

Better sexual experiences without worry?

Tell me about it :)

Guest hotmotherfucker

I am interested in this too - I'm allergic to latex and am not confident about those condoms that could be used - but want rawfucks anyway- but I'd prefer to remain HIV neg too.

Yea, right now I have a sex-less life, because of the discomfort I feel with condoms.

I am very interested in Truvada as PrEP, but it is very expensive and can come with many side effects.

I am hoping some members here will be able to share their experiences with the drug.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest GymRatTop

Many health insurance carriers cover the drug, additionally there are some programs by the manufacturer that will also cover the copay for the drug. Simply go to your primary care physican and ask for a prescription. I have been on PrEP since October. Minor side effect for me has been that it makes me sleepy so I take it at night, every night, before going to bed. No other issues or side effects. Even though I'm strictly a top and have been having raw sex for over 20 years, it's good to know that I'm being proactive to protect myself in any that is possible. Prior to this, it was extremely difficult because I am alergic to latex and the burns on the surface of my cock were too uncomfortable.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest seeder2

Just visit your doctor and ask for a prescription for Truvada. It give you a whole new experience with sex. You can fuck raw, take or give loads and not worry about infecting. Thousands of guys are on it now. Enjoying the full experience of sex.

• 1 month later...

Gilead, the manufacturer of Truvada, has a very generous co-pay assistance program.(www.gileadcopay.com).

The program gives you a card that will cover your insurance copay or coinsurance or at least a significant portion of it depending on your income level.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nkdtavler

Been curious about it as well. Still fuck raw now but I would like to take it so that I can bottom more without the stress

Guest Bottom4Hung

Personally I feel that there is a lack of tolerance attached to barebacking projected towards the gay community , in the heterosexual world barebacking is the way young people are entering their own sexuality, there is no taboo there, so why do we as young gay man keep having to take extra steps to prevent HIV and not the rest of the social fabric?

It boils down to the fact that we are the last frontier for being persecuted by all religious groups except a few ones across the world. They are done persecuting woman, black and other groups in the last 100 years or so , we are the only vulnerable group left out there to be pick on .

PrEP is a choice, but not a lot of the younger guys like me have the money to pay for it.

So since I can not afford it, I put my faith in a loving God that will guide me to speak clearly with my sexual partners, be understanding, just, loving and wise in my own choices.

Barebacking is the natural way to have sex, but in a world of so many STD's we must be conscious and engage in truthful conversations with our potencial sexual partners, by loving our selves, we learn to love others and make the right choices.

In conclusion, a young gay man such as me with limited resources has to relay in personal good judgment, if the situation does not feel right and you do not feel that your potencial new sex partner is on the level with you, follow that inner voice and just say no politely, that voice is the voice of your greater self connected to the universe, it should guide you in the right path.

I do not tolerate discrimination against HIV men, it is wrong in every way. If I am attracted to an HIV positive man, and he is sincere with me, sex tends to be a very pleasant experience.

You can start with going to your local doctor and tell him what you are looking to do. As far as side effects, I have never experienced any. In addition, you should try to get a copay assistance card to help with the cost or try to find a local clinical trial that are tracking men on Truvada. They would pay for medication and lab cost.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest PrEPchub

Some of you guys should get a bit more educated on this drug, it's NOT 100 percent effective (the numbers are from the low 90's to mid 90's) as far as preventing transmission but it's not 100 percent and you can still become infected. To think you can fuck bareback on PrEP and not become infected is foolish...I would say it has about the same ratio as condom use does (give or take a percent here and there.) I've been on the drug since September of last year, was drowsy for like 2 days, had a bit of an upset stomach but other than that I've had not one issue since the first couple of days. I get lab work every 6 months to not only check my status but they also check your organ functions to see how the drug is affecting you...so far everything is A OK!