Name Search

Since the new update, it seems that searching for someone by their actual name results in thousands of results..??? There's actually 4544 results, no matter what name I type in. Seems like the code needs some working....or is this just an error on my system? Would love to be able to search by name again.

Guest holetruth

Hi, I experienced the same issue when trying to respond to wink sent to me. Clicking on their name in the message got me nowhere, so I tried searching for their name, and initially got the same results as you did. However, by clicking "sort by user name" option in the search section, and of coursse typing in the user name I wanted to search, I was able to find what I was looking for. Good luck, and your profile is hot by the way.

Yes, that works holetruth. It's a little arcane, but does work. You'd figure that by entering a name in the field, it would search and sort by what you entered. Of course I found where they put the "Search Username" field at the top of the whole page (a little redundant) which DOES work as one would expect....just enter the name and hit enter. Over all the new site is doing well. I can handle this little issue, but it would be great if the search field for "user name" would work the same as the "Search username" field at the top of the page.