I can only assume

Guest Craigsw

Guest Craigsw

Okay, so a lot of guys here seem to be looking to get "pozzed". I can understand some of the feelings these people have. For myself, I've accepted that I am mostly likely HIV positive, though tests keep showing negative. The tests can only test so many viral particles in a milliliter of blood, so because the tests show negative, does not mean that I am negative. I've accepted this and I act as though I'm a very lucky "HIV controller". I take vitamins and eat better and I make it clear to sex partners that I don't really know my status and am not that concerned...at least not concerned enough to stop natural (aka bareback) sex.

So...I wonder if some of the guys looking to get "pozzed" can simply do as I do and accept that it's a likelihood without actively seeking out the virus. Contrary to hype, it's not that easy to contract the virus from a person with a low viral load (healthy people on ART therapy).

Guest Bareback_Dude

I'm not looking to get pozed either. For some strange reason I'm still testing HIOV-neg after taking many loads in my hole.

Craigsw, testing HIV-neg does not mean one is HIV-neg?

Guest Craigsw
I'm not looking to get pozed either. For some strange reason I'm still testing HIOV-neg after taking many loads in my hole.

Craigsw, testing HIV-neg does not mean one is HIV-neg?

A certain number of copies of the virus need to be present for the test to be able to detect it. There are some testing techniques that are better than others. Even in those who seem to have no copies present in the blood at all, they can be stored in what are called the "memory cells". These are long-living immune system cells that are activated at times when the body is exposed to a pathogen which it previously combated (this is how we become immune to viruses like chicken pox). The hiv virus can remain dormant in these cells even if there are no copies of the virus present in the bodily fluids. Also, some researchers are looking into other organs to see if they can be present there also.

Normally, in the initial period after infection the number of viral particles skyrockets until the immune system detects it and kicks into gear. So, normally it's very easy to detect the virus within the first number of months. But, there are cases where people have been found to be positive with a low viral count for many years with no treatment.

Guest Bareback_Dude

Form what I understand and HIV test does not detect the virus but the antibodies.

So I cannot follow your logic. Maybe you can try again?

• 1 month later...
Okay, so a lot of guys here seem to be looking to get "pozzed". I can understand some of the feelings these people have. For myself, I've accepted that I am mostly likely HIV positive, though tests keep showing negative. The tests can only test so many viral particles in a milliliter of blood, so because the tests show negative, does not mean that I am negative. I've accepted this and I act as though I'm a very lucky "HIV controller". I take vitamins and eat better and I make it clear to sex partners that I don't really know my status and am not that concerned...at least not concerned enough to stop natural (aka bareback) sex.

So...I wonder if some of the guys looking to get "pozzed" can simply do as I do and accept that it's a likelihood without actively seeking out the virus. Contrary to hype, it's not that easy to contract the virus from a person with a low viral load (healthy people on ART therapy).

Unfortunately over the past several years, being pos is increasingly the badge of acceptance in the San Francisco gay community; some gays have been ostracized for not being pos. It's as if "getting pozzed" is good when it isn't. Once you have it, it must be managed with state-of-the-art drugs, and getting cured is extremely rare. But, if tests continually show negative, then you very probably are. Vitamins C & E and a healthy lifestyle (diet, exercise, rest, etc.) have long since been proven to boost immune systems. Keep barebacking, but don't let your libido overrule you mind.

• 3 years later...

Testing for HIV can show even as low as 20 copies in the test sample. If you're testing negative, you probably are negative. But your result is only good if you've not barebacked since. Any barebacking can lead to being pozzed, and it might take some time for you to test poz. I personally took many bareback loads, over years, before becoming poz. So being a slut doesn't mean that if you're still neg, you must be immune to the disease. And Vitamins DO NOT make a difference. The ONLY way to be immune is to have a special gene, it has NOTHING to do with how well you keep your health. I hate to say this, but it sounds like someone might want to educate their selves more on HIV. Try checking out POZ.com.